Postagem em destaque

Conheça nosso curso online!

sábado, 21 de julho de 2018

Minhas melhores dicas de viagem depois de 10 anos viajando o mundo!


My Best Travel Tips After 10 Years of Traveling the World
By: CHRISTY WOODROW

After over ten years of consistent travel, I’ve definitely learned my fair share of lessons.
Some of these travel problems can be avoided and some of them are just a part of traveling. You simply cannot plan for everything. However, keeping a few important things in mind will make your travels much easier. So, in no particular order, here are my 25 best travel tips.


Be Flexible
We always plan for delays and try not to get upset when things inevitably go wrong. Patience is extremely important when traveling!


Make a List
About a week or so before each trip, I make a mental list of items I don’t want to forget — which I WILL forget if I don’t write them down. I’ve learned that when I think of something, I need to write it down.



Learn Common Phrases of the Local Language
A simple “Please,” “Thank you,” and “I’m sorry” in the local language goes a long way. I also like to learn the word for beer, but that’s just me.



Always Buy Travel Insurance
A medical emergency can wipe out your savings — or even worse. We use and trust World Nomads for travel insurance.


Make Photocopies of Important Documents
When I was younger, I was very organized and kept a copy of my passport in a separate bag from my actual passport. Then I got lazy. But recently, a friend of mine lost her passport at the airport. They told her that if she had brought a copy of it and extra passport photos they would have let her travel. Since she didn’t, she missed a $2,000 flight and a week in Europe. I now carry a copy with me.



Pre-plan Your clothes
It's always a great idea to carry light bags. However, the weather instability may cause you problems. Always carry with you clothes for warmer and also colder temperatures.



Put Electronics, Medications, Toothbrush in Your Carry-on
A few important items should always go in your carry-on bag: some money, phone, extra pair of clothes, etc. You can buy most of these things if your bag gets lost, but having them in your carry-on will save you money and time if your luggage gets lost in transit.



Ask about the price BEFORE You Take Public Transportation
It’s a good idea to ask about the price before you hop on a bus, cab, or other form of transportation.



Put Your Room Number & Hotel Address in Your Phone
If you ever get lost and need to go back to your hotel, it's always a great idea to keep your hotel address on a piece of paper and in your phone.



Ask The Locals
We always ask the local people to point us to the best restaurants, awesome places to watch the sunset, the best coffee shops, parks, attractions, etc. I often get amazing tips that I would never find if the local people didn't help.


Be careful with Free Public WIFI
I always try to avoid logging into bank accounts or entering any passwords while I’m using free public WIFI at a place like an airport. However, when in your hotel room, the connections tend to be safer.



Alert Your Bank and Credit Card Company of Your Travel Plans
This is a great habit to get into if you don’t want your credit card company or bank to block your card while you are abroad.



Book Early for Cheap Flights
Flights are always the first thing I book when planning a trip — sometimes I do this nearly a year in advance! For the most part, the earlier you book, the better price you will get. 


Skyscanner site is the first place I check when searching for cheap flights 
(I highly recommend downloading the app to check fares on the go!). It searches hundreds of sites for the best fare and includes both standard and budget airlines. 



Keep an Open Mind
Don’t judge other customs. You are a visitor. Be respectful with the locals and their habits.



Leave Room for Spontaneity
Don’t plan your entire itinerary ahead of time. It’s good to have some plans, I know, but those unplanned moments while traveling can be the best memories.



Let Someone at Home Know Your Plans
This is extremely important when traveling alone, but it’s still a good idea no matter how many people are in your travel group.




Separate Your Sources of Money
Don’t keep all of your cash and cards in one place. I usually hide some cash and a back up credit card in a separate bag.



Travel First Aid Kit
We pack up a small first aid kit with aspirin, Benedryl, cold meds, cough drops, bandages, Activated Charcoal pills (these are a life saver for traveler’s diarrhea and minor allergic reactions) and other things that we may not always have easy access to when traveling. J&J sells an inexpensive mini first aid kit.



Love to Travel?

Do you have any tips to add to this list? Share them in the comments!



Fonte: https://ordinarytraveler.com/best-travel-tips

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário